Sometimes, we find doctor’s consultation fee and prescription drugs so expensive that we just want to sit around and wait for our acne to disappear on its own. But acne doesn’t go away so easily. Some get lucky and surpass it after a few years of puberty. What about adult acne – the one that unusually starts after puberty stage or continues on until our adulthood. Adult acne is not something you wait to heal on its own.
There are a number of homemade recipes to replace those expensive skincare products sold in the market today. Try some of these and you might find them effective in acne removal.
- Honey Facial Cleanse. Honey is a popular ingredient that is usually mixed with other ingredients to be made as an acne remedy recipe. But you should know that it can be effective on its own. It has an anti-bacterial property that helps in preventing breakouts. Also, it doesn’t leave your skin dry unlike those commercial skincare products.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Toner. It is an effective exfoliant that reduces acne growth. Apple cider vinegar also balances the skin’s pH. And before you put any moisturizers on your skin, apply it first. You’ll find that apple cider vinegar helps in maximum absorption.
- Jojoba and Carrot Seed Facial Oil. Many of you will find this method quite confusing. We all know that acne is caused by excessive oil or sebum in our skin. Instead of using those skincare products that leaves our skin dry, try using this technique. When skin is overly dry, it retaliates by producing more oil. Both are good for removing dead skin cells and good for skin healing but don’t leave your skin dry.
- Cinnamon Acne Spot Treatment. Cinnamon is good ingredient in balancing your hormones. It also levels your blood sugar. One of causes of acne is the overly active hormones and sudden blood sugar flare. It can be utilized in making one of your homemade recipes and directly applying it on your acne spots. Cinnamon teas are also popular in the market today especially for diabetic individuals.
- Baking Soda Exfoliant. Baking soda is cheap and when mixed with water it is an easy recipe that can be helpful in ridding acne. It can dry pimples fast and help in removing blackheads. Plus, it is good in making your skin color even. You can apply it on your skin before shower and rinse it thoroughly afterwards.
Some of these ingredients and recipes might not be effective on your skin so it is best to try it out first if you have allergic reactions to it. If you notice any bad effects on your skin, better stop using it and opt for other methods.